Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 8- Where I've Been

So, my mom (I'm sure I've mentioned her) loves National Parks.

She's got that little stamp book thing, and no matter where we travel as a family, we usually stop at some rickety old National Park center in some random forest and get a stamp.

I'm not the outdoors-iest of people, so I feel fairly apathetic about this whole stamp book endeavor.

But I do admit that the stamp book has taken our family to a cool few spots:

Yellowstone National Park


Cool stuff about Yellowstone:

-You wake up with buffalo ten feet from your door
-You can buy every product imaginable with blueberry as a main ingredient
-Traffic jams are only caused by slow-moving buffalo
-Adorable bear cubs!
-Old Faithful

 Grand Canyon


Cool stuff about the Grand Canyon:

-You see a DOUBLE RAINBOOOOWWW pretty much every day
-Lots of Native American ruins nearby
-Rafting on the Colorado River

I've never been anywhere exotic but I do think it's pretty cool that I've seen such beautiful sites in the states. 

3 comments:

  1. I have flown over the Grand Canyon on my way to Las Vegas...does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to Yellowstone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Yellowstone as a child. I remember just being amazed. I'd love to go again with hubby since he's never been!

    I also have my "how to" on the kitchen cabinets slated to go up on the 25th. It's a REALLY long winded post, but worth the read :)

    ReplyDelete